- It appears that I have a tattoo addiction: Some people are addicted to drugs, some people drink too much and I get tattooed. Ok, so I’m lucky enough to have a mum who is a tattoo artist (see here: armadilloink.com), but I have a feeling that even if she wasn’t my tattoo artist, I’d still be covered! I love getting new ink done whenever I can. It’s an addiction. So far I’ve got 19, which is good going considering that I only had 4 when I got home in January. Sleeves are nearly finished, next stop: chest!
- The old phrase “Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink”, is more accurate than you think: This wasn’t a lesson I learnt this week, I learnt it a long time ago, but it’s worth mentioning anyway. Let’s imagine that we’re not talking about water but instead, people that we ‘fancy’. Yes, there are people out there in all different walks of life, shapes and sizes, but that doesn’t mean that you should swoon into a bed of flowers for every guy that you meet. There is such a thing as a friendship. Friendship can be better sometimes rather than throwing yourself into something that you aren’t sure that you are ready for yet. I used to meet people and think “Could it be them?” Now, it’s the last thought on my mind. Be a bit pickier. You can do better than desperation.
- I am an accidental hipster: Without it being my intention, I have become more and more like a hipster this year. The skinny jeans, hashtags on my Instagram pictures, thick, black-rimmed glasses, listening to bands that nobody knows about, rolling up to Starbucks and getting my iPad out whilst enjoying a spiced pumpkin latte. Yes, it looks like its official: I’ve become an accidental hipster. I used to hiss in the face of any hipster that would come my way, but now after realising that I have probably become one, does that mean that I now like hipsters or that I hate myself? I’m still not sure on that yet, so I’ll let you know…..
- ‘Rested bitch face’ is sometimes the only way to respond to anything: I find myself becoming less and less bothered with things that would have bothered me in the past. At first I thought that there might be something wrong with me, but now I realise that I just don’t have the time for things that I don’t need to anymore. Sometimes, a good old bitch face says more than 1000 words. Give it a whirl, its less stressful than getting wound up. If you don’t know what ‘rested bitch face’ is, then look below.
- This Christmas is going to be my best Christmas yet: For the last 6 years, I haven’t been at home for Christmas. This was due to me either living 6000 miles away or having to go to my mother-in-laws house. Well, now I’m back home and don’t have a mother-in-law to worry about. This year, there’s going to be a real tree, friends, family and sing-songs all day. I intend to eat my body weight in Christmas dinner (especially the roast potatoes) and have a bloody good day! I’ve also bought my Christmas jumper, ready for the occasion!
Click here for the next instalment.